- This event has passed.
Tactical Canine Casualty Care (TC3)
April 23 - April 24
April 23-24, 2019
Hosted by the Fayetteville Police Department
The Tactical Canine Casualty Care (TC3) course is a two-day hands-on, intensive training focusing on treatment of working dog emergencies in the field. The course incorporates current TCCC and TEMS guidelines with canine-specific anatomy and physiology to provide the most up-to-date life-saving information available for working dogs. Training includes multiple hands-on, interactive, scenario-driven casualty response situations in simulated tactical environments, using canine mannequins in dynamic scenario simulation.
Participants: The interactive course is suitable for canine handlers, tactical medics and Fire personnel of all skill levels.
Instructors: VTG TC3 instructors are veterinarians, veterinary technicians, tactical medics, and canine handlers with years of experience in military and law enforcement special operations, providing a wide variety of real-world experience, viewpoints, and knowledge for course participants.
• Canine aid bags and emergency kits
• Gunshot and penetrating wounds
• Blunt trauma
• Blast, burn, and smoke inhalation injuries
• IV fluid therapy
• Heat Injury
• Gastric dilation-volvulus
• Exposure to explosives and drugs
• Emergency planning and MEDEVAC
• Management decisions with the critically injured K9
Hands-On Skills Labs including:
• Airway and respiratory management (ET intubation, surgical airway, needle decompression of tension pneumothorax)
• Needle decompression of gastric dilation-volvulus’
• IV, IO, and SQ Fluid Administration
Course materials and certificate of attendance for 16 contact hours are included in the course.